Life pre-COVID was already pretty complicated with managing work, family, exercise, diet and now it's even more so depending on how this pandemic affected your livelihood, daily routines & habits! Things continue to change so rapidly, and we still do not know the ramifications economically of the shutdowns ... but enough of that pessimism.
With that said, the enormity of the predicaments we have found ourselves in can lead to a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety for some people.
So how do we continue to cope? Where can we have some sense of control in our lives that is not encumbered by what is happening around us?
Surprisingly you have more control than you might think to feel stress & anxiety free and be happy!
I've put together 10 life habits you can cultivate & manage that will bring you greater feelings of contentment, peace of mind, clarity, happiness and joy even if everything around you seems out of control. Just mastering one of these habits will create a ripple effect in all areas of your life.
All 10 Life Habits that we control have a common theme, if they’re applied consistently the benefits are universally true for everyone who practices them!
10 Life Habits That You Control
with a swift kick of Bootcamp Whoop Ass to get you on your way!
1. BREATH ~ Yah, yah I know you know this but are you doing it? Especially when you find your mind racing about something annoying that just happened while on a zoom call with a colleague! Breathing consciously helps to slow things down especially in this fast pace world of technology. Taking a deep breath in and making sure you are filling your lungs in all 3 parts (upper chest, rib cage and belly expansion and contraction) is a HUGE predictor of either how calm you will be throughout your day or how much anxiety & stress you will have.
When I say breathe I mean take an interest in it- It keeps you ALIVE! If you are constantly shallow breathing, meaning only filling up the upper part of the lung you will be susceptible to more episodes of anxiety among other ill inducing symptoms.
Pranayama, the practice of breathe control, is one of the simplest and easiest practices you can learn and do anywhere! There are so many techniques you can try that can directly initiate a better feeling vibe once practiced. With numerous benefits it will also help alleviate so many chronic ailments.
Learn more about breathing and energizing your body here
2. CULTIVATE BETTER SELF TALK ~ Transforming the Mind Muck you tell yourself or getting rid of your inner critic that makes you feel like shit on a constant basis is a must for well being. If you are constantly having a dialogue with yourself that is beating you up and diminishing your self worth, how do you expect others to see you? You may think yah, Shelley but I can’t help it, sometimes I hear my mother telling me “you never listen to me, it was your choice to fill in the blank, when I told you, you should go into nursing to have more secure job.”
I’d say that’s where the word cultivate comes into play. If you’ve had a BAD habit of talking shit to yourself for years because you’ve been playing an old record over and over again, I’d tell you, you need some bootcamp whoop ass to address your inner child and reprogram those stories you are telling yourself that diminish your own self respect and confidence not to mention self worth.
Cultivating something is like planting a new seed and watering it daily to see it grow…it will only bloom when you are consistently attending to it by nourishing it. Cultivate an inner voice that nourishes you and is congruent with your mind and heart! If your self talk is rubbish, what do you expect your emotional state to be or the quality of your life, if its something you’ve been repeating over and over again…didn’t Einstein refer to that as insanity??
Instead of telling yourself you're not good enough, plant a new seed and start to circle up by telling yourself everyone makes mistakes, things are always working out for me and YES I'm pretty terrific and loveable!
3. CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE TO GRATITUDE ~ this is a no brainer ! You can either appreciate what you have in your life or take it for granted and not. Appreciating your life as it currently is, is about taking full responsibility for it and I mean everything!! When you don't there are repercussions! It plays out in so many ways and is greatly tied to the Law of Attraction… you might think I’m a little out there with this one, but the universe hears you when you appreciate and acknowledge your blessings, the universe also hears your complaining about what you don't have. The universe responds equally to feelings of gratitude or a sense of entitlement or worry, and responds accordingly. When you count your blessings the universe knows what you like and love and responds to that vibe, if you are in the habit of complaining that vibe will also bring you more of what you don't want...like attracts like, its LAW!
Now lets flip that and address the idea of contrast or dealing with what you don't like because I know your thinking with this COVID thing, that its upset an area of your life, something you really loved. I'd say if you thought back pre-COVID were you feeling dissatisfied in some other area of your life and now because of it you may have the time to address that area of dissatisfaction, feel better about it and still do the thing you really loved only slightly differently...that is something to feel thankful for. But you must be HONEST with yourself, say you really don't like something and you find yourself complaining about it and it keeps showing up the best remedy for that is to say thank you universe for showing me what it is I do not want and feel thankful for that INFORMATION then allow feelings of gratitude to well up and begin to focus your attention on what you do want and feel gratitude for that showing up.
One of the great things about gratitude is that if its applied with a feeling of love it accentuates that vibe making it more attractive. Isn't that what you'd want more of?? No brainer...right?
4. SMILE FOR GOD SAKES ~ Adjusting your body language by how you carry yourself, your posture, from how you sit or stand, wield your hands, to facial expressions are ALL what you have control over! Smiling in of itself will make you feel better if you're in a crappy mood. Add sitting up tall, throwing your shoulders back...even if you're toothless anyone that sees you will smile too! Test it out for yourself, smiling is contagious!
5. EXERCISE YOUR BODY & MIND ~ Your body and mind are the temple of your soul and only you have the keys to go inside. Intellectual and physical fitness are your responsibility ...no one else's! If you are not tending to the temple it will eventually show signs of deterioration. Read a book, fill your mind with things that stimulate your imagination, inspire ideas and move you body in ways that increase mobility, strength, agility, coordination, and cardio vascular conditioning. This creates better health and well being because your body was made for this type of activity.
A new session is deploying soon at Evolve Bootcamp!
Check out the programs here!
6. EAT CLEAN ~ You are what you eat...what you put in your pie hole is fuel for your body! That fuel all comes down to chemistry what you put in can make you feel sluggish or energized. If you make choices in eating foods that have no nutritional substance that diet can change your blood sugar and put you on medications, or mess up the natural digestive enzymes in your stomach & intestines and cause all kinds of digestive issues. Unless someone is feeding you this is all about what you choose to eat and how much of it.
Choosing foods that are LIVE are where its at!
7. GET TO BED~ Setting a consistent bed time and getting enough rest helps reset your body and reconnect to your entire circadian cycle to re balance yourself. Relaxation and rejuvenation are important to replenishing every aspect of YOU including your anatomy & physiology, energetic anatomy (chakra system) and your soul. The previous days events slow down and the momentum ceases so the next day you are refreshed anew ready to hit the ground running!
8. MANAGING YOUR EMOTIONS~ Although managing your emotions requires some emotional intelligence you are the only one who can take care of that. You can choose to retract, react, respond, or relate by developing emotional self control and how you decide to communicate with others and yourself. Knowing where you are on the emotional scale on a daily basis can be the difference between spiraling down into depression or elevating to feeling happy.
9. REASSESS YOUR BELIEFS ~ You choose to endorse and stand by the beliefs you have, whether they support you or not! Let me say this again, YOU decide what you believe whether its true or not. Beliefs are tricky, sometimes they are handed down by our family, or they are cultural perceptions, or religious ideology, but if they don not support the quality of life you desire or dream of then that's on you, if you continue to endorse them! Have you ever tested the ones you have to see how they stand up and support you or asked where did they come from or is this really my belief or is it someone else's? Perhaps it time to do so.
10. CHANGE YOUR VIBRATION ~ alright already I went energy on you! That's right you are the only one who can change your frequency or vibration based on your thoughts which are solely private to you. When done you begin the journey of tapping into your soul and connecting with your divine potential and GOD (source energy). This will bring a much missed level of awe into your life, I promise!
I hope you found this blog post helpful, hit reply and tell me what you think or how it might have motivated or inspired you.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Written By Shelley Devine